- Disinfect a needle with rubbing alcohol. A basic sharp sewing needle is a good choice.
- Gently prick the pimple’s surface.
- Take two tissues and wrap your index fingers with them.
- Squeeze from the sides, confidently but gently, using a down-and-in motion. Don’t force it. If the pimple is ready, it’ll pop. If it doesn’t, leave it be. Be sure to stop if clear fluid or blood starts to come out.
- Continuing to work at a lesion that is not ready to be popped will most definitely introduce unnecessary irritation, and can also increase the chance of scarring. Walk away from the mirror!
*Source – Acne.org